Thursday, May 29, 2008

Pisa one minute, Milano the next

Thanks to everyone for the nice emails and comments! We are having lots of fun!

Sergio and I jumped into our brand new Peugeot in Rome, only 2 days ago, and hit the Roman streets on the wrong side (right side) of the road! We’ve been staying at the Pisan coast for 2 days and are about to drive to Milan to see some of the Giro d’italia. Here are some of the highlights so far:

  • The old badly built building in Pisa
  • Learning how to count to 10 in Italian while eating yummy gelati
  • Discovering that the restaurant we thought was a pizzeria was a seafood restaurant (great if you like seafood!)…mussels, baby octopus, fresh sardine…blah. Antipasto will never be thought of the same again!
  • Riding from Marina di Pisa to the leaning tower – motorists here rock! The roads are seriously crappy but still they go out of their way to NOT give us grief like Aussies do.
  • Italian coffee is really good! (like Sergio’s)
  • Floriana found out she still has a job…yay. It is still a bit crap though cos lots of my good work buddies won’t be there when I come back : (
  • Figuring out what everything in the supermercato is…we have managed to cook pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakies!
Love Floriana and Sergio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Floriana and Sergio!
Photo's look great, cool to see Fi holding up Pisa wearing a SportsCare Jersey - I will have to print that one off for work!
Oh I am so so jealous I am not there!
Noodle came for her first little run today - I looped home and picked her up at the end of my run. She loved it! Then it was bath time- in the bath when she got home. It is too cold now to bath her outside.
Keep having fun
Love
Cassie